Hello My Name Is...
Welcome to 6th grade math.
Douglas High School, 1999
Athens State University, B.S. Elementary Education 2014
Sixth grade math uses the Go Math series. Each student will receive two consumable books; one book is the textbook and the other is a practice book. We will be following the College and Career Readiness Standards for Mathematics. Following is a list of the domains we will be covering:
- Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide by fractions.
- Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers.
- Apply and extend previous understanding of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
- Develop understanding of statistical variability.
- Summarize and describe distributions.